Have you ever felt fat and ugly? Or have you ever felt too skinny? Have you ever felt that you have to change yourself in order for the world to accept and love you? Well you are not alone. Thousands or even millions of men and women have gone through self loathing, starvation, depression, anxiety and low self-esteem because of what they way they look like. But you change that. And no, I’m not going to convince you to go on crash diets or what not to be happy. I will tell you how to be happy and celebrate your body no matter what size or shape you have.
Personally, I’m fat; but I’m fat and I’m happy. I do love shopping and wearing nice clothes. But I have stopped comparing myself with the girls on the catalogs. I stand 5”1, weigh 173lbs or about 78kgs, wear size 14 clothes but I’m happy with my skin. I’m not going to deny that there was a time that I wish I could be thinner. But now I’m happy for who I am, regardless of my size.
The Business of Beauty
Let’s face it, most of us have experienced looking at a magazine, staring at a pretty and slim model and wishing we could look like that. But do people really look like that? The answer is NO. Models get airbrushed and photoshopped in order for them to appear hot on the pages of glossy prints. We are humans and not pieces of paper that can be but and folded in order to fit into a standard.
Beauty is a billion dollar industry and it took me years to consciously put that in my brain. I used to read and subscribe to beauty magazines. I still love them. But now I buy them sparingly because I don’t want to feel insecure about the way I look.
Beauty is skin deep. Yes, that is a cliché but have you ever seen people smile and glow when they are happy? In that very moment they radiate beauty. It does not matter whether they are old, toothless, poor, rich, fat, thin, tall or short, when a person is truly happy and smiling a certain twinkle in their eyes makes them beautiful.
Every morning when I wake up to and go to the sink to brush my teeth and wash my face, I smile at me. I tell myself “Hello there, BEAUTIFUL!”. I don’t tell this to my self to be cocky or what not, I tell this to myself to be happy. I smile at my reflection and feel happy about who I am.
In order for you to be happy no matter how you look like, you must radiate beauty. But how? You must fall in love with the person that you are. You must see how wonderfully awesome you are. Here are a few things you can do.
1. Smile. Even if life is full of sad and miserable things always smile. It brings out the natural beauty in you.
2. Have fun with your looks. It does not matter if you are thin or fat, short or tall, in this day and age, there is always something that would fit and suit your fashion style and your body.
3. Exercise to be healthy and not to be thin. Because if you just exercise to be skinny your purpose is just for external reason and it often much easier to give up doing it. Exercise because you love yourself and you know that you can do it and that it is good for you.
4. Don’t be shy about who you are. Many beautiful and curvy girls avoid the beach because they don’t want to wear a bathing suit. But darling trust me, you look rockin in that sexy ensemble.
5. Eat what you need. Eating what you need is not about dieting or portion control, it’s about eating what you really need. It includes a balanced diet spiced up with a few desserts here and there. You can eat icecream as long as you either exercise after or you just eat half a cup. No, I’m not telling you to starve yourself. Self love also includes taking care of you body from within.
6. Know that you are sexy. I know I am. Is it your hair? Your boobs? Your butt? Your eyes? You always have a feature that makes you stand out.
7. Breathe! When life gets tough and people get to you, just breathe. Try to be calm, cool and collected. People will judge you and treat you differently no matter who you are but YOU SHOULD JUST LET THAT GO.
We all are beautiful. And when I realized that I was smokin hot beautiful even though I was chubby, many people gave me admiring looks when I walked passed them. And the good news is you can feel that too! You can feel beautiful and radiate your beauty so that people can see it.
Live Life and Be Free
People will always, always put you in a box. I have tried dieting too. I have tried losing weight. Now I go back to exercising but not because I’m unhappy with being a size 14, it’s because I want to be healthy and strong.
You are you. No one else can do a better job at being you than you yourself. When you were born, you were not made to be perfect like some sort of a plastic doll, you were made though to live life and be free.
Choose clothes that flatter your figure
Have a fun and easy beauty regimen
Eat to nourish your body
Play and have fun.
Move your body in exciting ways that motivate you.
Know your body well inside and out.
Visit your doctor.
Dance or do Yoga – they’re good for your moral!
Never again be sad because you don’t fit into society’s mold of beauty. Maybe, it’s not your role to fit in, but rather to change the world.