By: Marie.CC StormJewel’s Apprenctice
Have you ever wondered who you were in the past? Have you ever felt that there is more to life than the present that you have? Or have you ever seen a place and felt that you have been there before or even dreamt of something several times but this has never happened in your current life? For many, the concept of a past life is just a fairy tale created by romantics too stuck with looking for something better but for a huge population in this planet who believe in reincarnation, having a past life is a reality.
The theory of having a past life goes a long, long way back to the ancient Hindu civilization of India about 3000 years ago. The Hindus believe or continue to believe that we are normally born into a certain form or a certain being. In reincarnation, it is said that we never truly die, we just get transferred to another body. Depending on our actions in that current life, we will be reborn into something or someone. This reborn process continues on and some suffer through it while others are rewarded. Many people long to find out who they were in the past because they know it will giving meaning to their current life and answer their questions.
Seeing Your Past Life
In many times of our lives, we get to glimpses of the past lives we once had. We want to see bits and pieces here and there. When we smell or hear something we feel like we go back in time. There are things that we fear that are totally irrational for some but for us, we know that these things are valid.
According to famous Psychoanalysts Freud and Jung, our dreams and our subconscious reveal a lot about us. This is also true with our past lives. We can connect to our past lives by accessing our subconscious. Sometimes we see bits of it through our dreams and nightmare, and they seem to hold one recurring theme although this has never happened in real life. For example we dream of a place several times, but we have never been there before. Or we may dream about a person we may have never even ever met before. These people and places may be very important to us in the past, much like recalling a memory. In nightmare, we get scared about things such as falling from heights or drowning and if this dream reoccurs, it may then be a clue to how we died in the past.
There are a few occurrences that may show the link to our past lives!
Dreams are often repressed emotions and feelings that we may have. They may also be a moment in time when our soul is able to travel faster than the normal space and time continuum and thus allowing it to see backwards and forwards in time. By harnessing your dreams such as lucid dreaming you may gain access to seeing who you were in the past.
Déjà vu is when you see, hear, smell or feel something for the first time but know that this has already happened before much like see it in a memory you’ve had. You may visit a place and realize that you’ve been there before or experience a situation and think that hey, this situation has happened before.
Passions and fears:
Sometimes we begin to be very good at something suddenly even though we do not like it before or we become obsessed with something that may totally be unrelated to who we are supposed to be. For example, you are a British girl but you have so much affinity to Chinese art and collections. This may mean that before, you may have lived to be someone from China. You may also have fears that some people may see as weird such as the fear of crowds or water, which may be a clue on how you died before.
So now I have told you some clues to look at to find out who you were now we go to a step further, FINDING OUT WHO YOU WERE IN THE PAST.
How to Know Who You were In the Past?
Discovering who I was in the past was something I have recently just stumbled upon. I have always felt that when I was in the mall or in anywhere else and that when I’m close to someone, they give me this odd stare and feel threatened because of me. They usually give me this look like as if I am a thief or something and through my meditations, I have come to find out that I was! I was a male thief in my past life.
There are also many hypnotists out there in regressive hypnosis that allow you to find out about your past life. You may also connect to the past by being more metaphysical and learning more about religions that allow you to look into the past such as Hinduism and Zen Buddhism. You may also meditate on your fee and employ the “Shoe Method” and imagine yourself wearing a pair of shoes and feel suddenly the kind of shoes you may have. It may be a knight’s metallic armoured feet or the barefoot of a farmer.
I had discovered my past self through lucid dreaming at first and later on through self-hypnosis. But I must warn you about this ways because you see things that you may not like or worse may really scare you. At times the moments in this “journeys” can be too heavy that you may be unable to rouse yourself if you do not protect your mind first.
I will share with you the path of self-hypnosis
- Before we begin the path of self-hypnosis, we must begin with protecting the mind. First we must meditate on a mantra that says “What I see has already happened in the past, it will not hurt me, it will not sadden me nor will it pain me”. Keep repeating this mantra as you take long breaths and slowly breathe out. Try to focus on a calming feeling such as being in a garden, seeing waves in the ocean or for me being in a bakery.
- Once you have gotten your mind centred and you feel that you are ready to see what happened to you in your previous life time you can now begin self-hypnosis. Lie down on your back with your hands on your chest or your tummy. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Imagine a white light spreading from your heart to every bit of your body. Imagine it wrapping around you like a protective cocoon. This cocoon is soft and smells fresh but makes you feel safe. Now once you feel that the sheath of white has fully enveloped you, you may now mentally “rise up” or you may have the urge to wrap another colour around you. This other colour may be another layer of power or protection. My second colour was green, which symbolized life and growth.
- Now when your body is fully covered with this gossamer sheath of energy, see yourself rise up mentally.
Feel each step that you take. Focus on the intent of seeing what lies ahead which would be seeing your past self.
- Envision seeing a door at the end. Hold the door know with our mind and feel it as you would normally feel a real door knob. Take a deep breath and open the door. Focus on seeing who you have been. You may see nothing at first. You see only flickers of the past such as a whiff of something or seeing a bits of colour. Do not be disheartened if you do not fully see yourself right away. You may need to revisit this door to allow your mind to fully see the past.
- You may need to repeat this session many times; coming back to that personal hallway and opening that doorway to your past. As you open the door again, pickup from where you have been before. Try not to do this exercise every day at it may give you wishful thoughts rather than truly seeing your past.
If you this steps are too difficult for you, you may always contact an experienced hypnotist who can guide you into seeing yourself in the past. He or she may take you back to when you were just a fetus in your mother’s womb and then back to the point that you were a fetus in your past life and then he or she may help you see yourself being born and grow in that life.
Why Should I Know my Past Life?
Well knowing you were before is totally a personal choice. Some people may believe that they are old souls in this world, while others do not believe in such. In the Western world, were most religions disregard the notion of a past life and it is hard for many people to resonate with this. But for many others around the world, they share the belief that we are all connected: to everything around them and even to the past.
In finding who you were before, you may find many benefits to this:
Once we have discovered who we were in the past, it is much easier for us to connect to what we were before and what we are now. We may realize that we may have done someone a wrong doing in our past lives. Like me, I was a thief in the past. In this lifetime I would like to help those who are in need because in my past life I was taking things from others to live.
Healing Past Wounds
By knowing who you are, or knowing how you died you may know why some things haunt you. A certain phobia may be caused by the fear of the thing that caused your death in the past. Or if there is a hate that bothers you now, for example disliking children you may now start moving on from that. You may dislike children now because you may have lost a child in your past life. You may now start healing your wounds so that when you are reborn, you can now be at peace with yourself.
Knowing Your Past Twin Flame
Many people in this lifetime feel the pain of longing to find their twin flame. By journeying into your past, you may be lucky enough to see your partner before. This would help you feel more secure because you know that “there is really someone there for you” and that you may just meet in this lifetime or the next.
Knowing who you were before can be a fascinating and fun journey. It can also be a scary one. The journey of finding the answers to your questions about the past can be difficult too. But with finding out who you were in your past life, you can also find release and peace of mind.